I have a lot of friends, but C is my only bro. We're so different, but that becomes the whole point. We don't judge, we just party. You can only know a bro when you have one. She is to me what Seth Rogen is to James Franco, Kumar is to Harold, Vince and the guys are to each other, Timbaland is to Justin Timberlake, Roger Waters was to David Gilmour.
My biggest problem with being a wastrel literature student is that I stop reading, because there is so much I am supposed to read. I used to think I hated poetry and didn't understand it. This man, poet and intense romantic, is one of my favorite things about going to college.
At a time when white bed covers were used on the wedding night to prove a woman's virginity, John Donne went on to defy norms on love, religion, and existence. He wrote about love as the combination of affectation and sex. He said it was unachievable without either. He was also one of the very first ambassadors of angst, which explains why I like him so much.
It were but madness now to impart
The skill of specular stone,
When he, which can have learn'd the art
To cut it, can find none.
The skill of specular stone,
When he, which can have learn'd the art
To cut it, can find none.
Speaking of angst, on this very day about forty seven years ago, a man was born who went ahead to change every single adolescent life for all of time to come.
Happy Birthday Jim.
This is the first song and video by The Doors I ever watched. I was nine and we were at my uncle's house in Bangalore. He was such a raving lunatic that I couldn't help but love him. So I found my will to be weird.






Best fuckin friends forever, man!
ReplyDeleteI love you bro, you complete me. <3 (gay heart and everything)
You are the Dev to my Chunni.
I'm feeling stoned and profound and i wish you were here so i could exercise both states of mind.
ReplyDelete<3 right back.
I would be, my dear, but you were too busy exercising something else. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am no longer your back door man. Though you were the other night, when you snuck into my bed at 2 am. My mum opened the door in the morning and was like "WHODAFUX is in your bed?!" I was like "Shanno". I'm sure she thinks we're gay. She's only half right.
Happened to come across the page; never thought I'd see Timberlake, Donne and Morrison in one post. Hah, got to hand it to you for sheer eclecticism
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Thank you sir loon :) i strive to make life more... heterogeneous.
ReplyDeleteMarvel, it's you! cheers right back atcha man.
ReplyDeleteAh ha, so I do know you! The face did look familiar, although, I'm still not sure. Sharanya?
ReplyDeleteOh and personally, I'd rather drink more and think less - should be a happier alternative.
yes yes! is it wrong that i'm excited? haven't coincidentally blog befriended anyone i know before. where are you.still playing the guitar in the grounds as everyone else engages in pointless conversation? I think Captain Aloof fits perfectly,btw.
ReplyDeleteand of course it's a happier alternative. i'm trying to be responsible?real? it is a plan with almost no execution.
ReplyDeleteDamn, it is you! So how've you been lass, final year, right?
ReplyDeleteAnd nah, I don't go to college much these days.
Starting to become a grouchy old man sitting at home. Things have changed; the one reason why I loved DCAC - the fact that one could smoke anywhere, is gone now. The conversations are still there though. I usually end up going only when I want to get drunk, hah,that's what college has been reduced to.
Oh and Nick Drake, eh? Not bad.
Heheh.I am to please, marvel. it is me indeed. no i kind of fucked up my attendance and didn't give exams and all.it's a long story.also a sad one. so i'm second year english. i figured with all the chaucer and as you like it references,as are you :) i can't even believe your college minus the free smoking license man. this year i've decided to go to MINE for a change. and it's not so bad-once i've learnt to ignore the surface of it. i usually need to get drunk after too much of college. guess it just come with, in different ways.
ReplyDeleteAh, so second year all around. Well, you don't need me to tell you how wonderful 'wasting' a year can be, hope you're making the most of it. And yes, that's exactly what I meant about DCAC, things have gone to the dogs. But hey, to be honest your college seemed great. Really!
ReplyDeleteHahah Ishan come on, it was only great when we were smoking pot like mad people at the back. And I know you like it because the girls loved you with the guitar on stage :) all of this is just coming back to me. It's not so bad you know- the wasting a year. Also, I hope I bump into you sometime.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, my extended Jerry Garcia phase, can't deny that I didn't enjoy it. And the quiz, the funny quiz! And yes, we should catch up for a drink after the exams; I've gotten disillusioned with THC. How about you, still smoking like the average DU maniac?
ReplyDeleteThe quiz that I match fixed for you guys, and you were all too stoned to get the buzzers. haha that was fun :D. I like to believe i'm more than the average DU maniac, but yes,still smoking. after the exams we definitely should. Even though i'm hardly getting any studying done. it's cold and christmas, drinking always prevails. And now i know where to find you!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you did try hard but we were hopeless, really. And yes, after the exams.
ReplyDeleteCheers