At six fifteen every morning, I sneak up near ma's room every morning so I can jump at her as she stumbles sleepily out of her room and shouts 'Pishaash Kutti!!!' at me (meaning 'ghost child' in Tamil), my mother's chosen language at vulnerable situations. Mine of course is Hindi. In times of extreme happiness and sadness I cannot articulate in any other. I do feel like a pishaash kutti though. It's going to be eight in the morning and I'm in a familiar situation. In bed trying to sleep but imagining myself on the Conan O'Brien show instead saying meaningful things and thanking my friends and then leaving to drink beer with The Strokes like in this song.
Maybe this is a prophecy to an impending future of glory or....not.
I like Conan way more than Jay Leno though. Fabrizio moretti is so yummy dude.
I have spent the last some hours jumping around to an Incubus concert in my room while trying to read Shakespeare.
Also, the 'usne bola kemchhe kemchhe kemchhe' song has been playing in my head ALL FREAKIN WEEK. "Neend nahin aati hai raaton mein!". There's problems even Govinda can't solve.
I need to get some damn sleep because my life is not written by Chuck Palahniuk.
And if these pigeons don't stop doing it in my AC I will shoot them through their non- existent brains.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHmm, that statement got me thinking--a Chuck-scripted life would be quite interesting indeed.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, rock pigeons deserve to die!
Neend nahi ati hai raaton mein? Arre yeh toh premcche x4!
ReplyDeleteJules is the one for me. He has a great voice and there's something sexy sad stoned in his eyes. Different Strokes for different folks, I guess (you KNOW I was going to make that joke...too easy)
I like Conan, he's gawky and ginger and he has more of an edge than Leno who I hate. And he just seems like a cool guy. He used to be cooler earlier when he didn't have such a big show. And he gets good bands usually.
I think I'm going to have to come over and put you to bed young lady.
And Conan was in the video for the song that is my ringtone.
ReplyDeletePS: Sarkailo khatiya, Govinda will solve all problems.
@classy, I don't know dude, I just can't deal with Rinki Khanna dancing around in my head no more.
ReplyDelete@ishan Chuck scripted life would be terrifying!
But if I had to live in a fucked up plot, it would be his.
@Vans I love them ALL bro they're the best shit ever. I even love Nikolai he's all shy and sweet.Agar premchhe hota then it'd be legit bro. bina wajah ka drama hai yeh hahah.
Follow each other??
ReplyDelete=P Already following you!
Aditi,
http://mysartorialsecrets.blogspot.com/
P.S- I totally heart you on the pigeon thing.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteyeah and i wish the earwigs would stop spunking in my tiaras..and the rats quit leaving rat babies in my caviar, damn. and the stupid sheep stop leaving toxic botulins in my ethically produced mutton. problems, problems, problems! :P
ReplyDeletesorry, i just HAD to be funny at the expense of the discreet charms of the bourgeoisie. :D
huh :/. don't explain though.
ReplyDeleteIm curious. Pishaash Kutti means Devil Child no? or more like spawn of the devil? 'Ghost Child' is too cute. :)
ReplyDeleteHahah yeah you're right. Ma meant in the context of me lingering around haunting corners so maybe that's why i made the error. I wanted to correct it and make it daemon child but eh.:)
ReplyDelete