I was twelve when I was given my first Incubus CD by a cool older friend who had taken me under her wing. She was eighteen and all her friends were pretty and tattooed. They giggled about boys and complimented each other's bras and I just couldn't wait to grow up. I don't know where she is now but I just met her mother and she tells me she's studying Tibetan and playing the flute.
When I returned from her house, I played my new Morning View CD and I felt things that I had never felt before. It felt nice, but I was rather taken aback so I ran into the rain with my discman and sang at the top of my lungs. It was the first time I was in love, and it still feels the same.
BANDOCUMENTARIES ARE MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD!!
And I don't know if I say this enough, but I miss the 90s and its aftermath.
Same. Must have been 11 and heard it at Saba's house when she was a teenager and in love with B.
ReplyDeleteyou guys weren't listening to murder city devils and melt banana in 2002?! lame! :D
ReplyDelete