Something has changed. I know because many of the things that I used to find comfort in have become strenuous, and inspire indifference and restlessness only. There are many things that I used to like that I don't like at all anymore. I don't like expensive meals, I don't like driving my car, I resent cigarettes, I don't like alcohol I don't like the thought of a crowded party, I detest South Delhi, I don't like my nice pants, I don't care about looking nice, I don't like haircuts, I don't like conversation, I don't like texting— I probably hate it most of all, I don't like weddings, I don't look forward to friends' birthdays, I don't like my leather bag, I don't like my nice hat, I don't like even the thought of kids my own age, I don't like to talk about college, I hate T.V, I don't like getting high, I hate Delhi roads, for the first time in my life, I don't like Delhi.
I like my dog, and I like to run, I like the sound of my friends, I like the sun in the window. I like beer, I like the sound of trains. I like to think about my house in the hills. I need to find more things to put on this list. But I am sure they are not here.
I have loved no other like I did Alexander Supertramp. I think I know what he was on about.
I like my dog, and I like to run, I like the sound of my friends, I like the sun in the window. I like beer, I like the sound of trains. I like to think about my house in the hills. I need to find more things to put on this list. But I am sure they are not here.
I have loved no other like I did Alexander Supertramp. I think I know what he was on about.
And Walt Whitman.
"Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth".
No comments:
Post a Comment