Often I can feel myself doing something utterly completely stupid(I have always admired myself for being transparently self aware) while I should be doing something useful. Then I can feel a horrible familiar uneasiness in my chest-it's happening right now- but I become physically glued to doing the stupid thing.
I just remembered this in Kerouac's book of Haikus,
I should have scratched
that spot before
I started to sleep
Regret is my most encountered emotion. My worst friend and my best enemy.
I just remembered this in Kerouac's book of Haikus,
I should have scratched
that spot before
I started to sleep
Regret is my most encountered emotion. My worst friend and my best enemy.
Transparently self aware is a misnomer.
ReplyDeleteThe last line is dramatic but would be better served with a comma in the middle.
-Your self appointed (and equally unwilling to do any real work) editor.
hahahaha. 'misnomer' is a misnomer. try 'catachresis' anonymous. :)
ReplyDeletethankyou sap and anonymous, but i don't really know what any of that actually means and also don't care.but you guys should be friends. i mean this sincerely.
ReplyDeleteAll you gotta remember bro is that people in your head aren't real, hahaha. I know whatchameen as always. Bro dekh le, I'm down with anonymity on the internet but they seem to have chosen you as their next project, haha.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, think of a screen name dude, it's easy. We lose track of the anonymice these days.
Leopard print cheapshades bruv. Yaar itne kapde khareede hain na maine I hope I end up wearing them and not sulking about wearing nice things. Jaldi exam khatam kar bhai party karni hai.
@anonymous, transparently self aware makes no sense you're right. also, i'm a failure with the grammar, despite working at a magazine for eight months. my editors used to go crazy.(also, DJ, is it you? doesn't sound like you but then also one can never know)
ReplyDelete@bro we'll have various places to dress nice to in the winter not to worry.
transparently self aware sounds fine to me. i was actually sticking up for you, in case that wasn't clear.
ReplyDeletequeerfishy, where's the fun if you understood what i was saying all the time?
ah, who cares what i say anyway. it's all a bunch of shitty non sequiturs and malapropisms poorly strung together.
ReplyDeletewtev. no one cares. guess i should be grateful to you guys for trying to unpack them tho.
sap I knew you were sticking up for me! But turns out anonymous is my dear far away friend after all. Deejs, start signing in man it's confusing! but until i know it's you, the anonymous figure is condescending. go figure :D
ReplyDeleteDeject mat ho Sap, haha. Isne toh dil pe le liya.
ReplyDeleteDevansh literary affairs chutiye sign in kar le kabhi kabhi, hahaha. Faltu mein hum tere saath ainthte rehte hain.
ReplyDelete