Monday, May 7, 2012

I just watched this for the first time. I always knew there must have been a version for and by the Americans, the world leaders in the propagation of sentimental bullshit, but I had never bothered to find or watch it. 


One of my friends works for a corporate consultation firm. He likes to humor us and himself by watching videos of smiling suits buying coffees on the streets, ruffling a little beggar child's hair, entering office full of grace and good spirit, shaking hands with the boss, and returning to a fully furnished, beautifully painted house full of the smell of steaming food and the voices of happy children.
I was watching one of those when I stumbled upon this.
It is INANE.
Bring together a bunch of cute singing kids and buy a stuffed animal for every time someone loses their head in a war, or better yet, eat a piece of cake or watch a video of a funny baby on the internet!
What is disturbing to me is that this advertisement states the evils, but manages to cover them up with stills of coupling partners and images of red balloons.

While Coke is killing millions in Mexico by thirst, there are countless of us pintresting 'pretty things' all day.
My mother wants me to send in an entry to the Hum mein hai hero contest.

Also, http://kafila.org/2009/02/12/interview-with-jacques-ranciere/

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah. Sunshine wali asha bro. It's so creepy. It's like that Citi bank ad where they're talking proudly of how they backed things like the Marshall Plan and the Panama canal. So sinister.

    ReplyDelete