I am officially on a 'gap year'. I know they say its full of opportunities and how 'you can do anything' and 'find yourself' and travel yadayadayada but I didn't realize that this year off would cost me (my father) more than a year of my education ever did. Till now my year of doing many things has only consisted of me mostly hating my job, mailing hundreds of others for prospective ones, confusion, sometimes excitement, lists and lists of college plans, create a blank document titled STATEMENT OF PURPOSE, and endless facebook and feeling like my life sucks because I didn't go to NYU to begin with.
My friend today told me to promise her I wouldn't watch any Greys Anatomy because it would suck my soul into a dark hole, on which I proceeded to watch one episode, only to realize I can NOT bear it with Meredith Grey lisps the word McDreamy.
But I met a really awesome new person this week. We did a coordinated dance within one day of meeting each other. AND I am on the path to becoming a culinare extraordinare. I had decided I was going to do a Rachel Greene—cook horrifically and still be cute about it. But this is much more fun.
My friend today told me to promise her I wouldn't watch any Greys Anatomy because it would suck my soul into a dark hole, on which I proceeded to watch one episode, only to realize I can NOT bear it with Meredith Grey lisps the word McDreamy.
But I met a really awesome new person this week. We did a coordinated dance within one day of meeting each other. AND I am on the path to becoming a culinare extraordinare. I had decided I was going to do a Rachel Greene—cook horrifically and still be cute about it. But this is much more fun.
http://i.imgur.com/yE5Zl.jpg
ReplyDeletedear anonymous,
ReplyDeletethe best writers i have read have sworn by alliteration. exaggeration is a beautiful thing. it enables idealism and illusion. More than any of that, this is a blog. 'how to write good' is as redundant on a blog (or even otherwise) (OH NO I USED A PARENTHESIS!!)(Oh crap that's two for one blog comment) as the Wren N Martin guide to English. I know you're very happy with your googled image of condescending advice but it's rather ineffective. Devansh, I swear to god if this is you too lazy to sign in again I'm going to beat your head into your neck when you're back.
oh noooo i even spelled parentheses wrong. please refrain from releasing your wrath. i plead.
ReplyDeleteAbbe. Again I instinctively knew you posted. Statement of purpose is such a fucked up phrase.
ReplyDeleteGreys is the worst bro.
Is literary affairs ko bol kal aiyyo. How to write is the worst cliche.
I want chocolate tart.
I literally ate an actress' leftovers today, literally. She didn't touch her samosa, ek tukda liya, bolti hai occupational hazard hai.