Thursday, September 23, 2010


I am aware that listening to 80s pop is social suicide, but I really like this song.







This is the origin of my liking this song.




I first watched Joseph Gordon Levitt in 10 things I hate about you when I was eleven and he looked eleven, and immediately fell in love with him. And now that he has grown into a smoking hot,crazy cool,super talented young man I know that he is one of the only boys(wish I could say men) right about.


Hall and Oates, the dudes who sang the song are kind of cool. I like their high pitched super excited,happy,jumpy optimism throughout the video and the guitarists lame hair.He looks like quite an 80s stud. I also like that 'move from side to side and click' dance that my parents love to do.
Apparently they called their music 'rock and soul' and slowly faded from public view. I know nothing more  but this song makes me happy and want to dance around my room and you can never question anything that makes you feel that way.


Not so long ago,I used to write a lot of angsty teenage crap. About how my boyfriend broke up with me over a message,how I would never be able to love again,how my parents just DON'T GET ME-and how they never will,how school is such a bitch because they don't let us drink on campus(what is wrong with a bunch of kids puking all over the grounds in games period anyway,man),how we fight for justice by wearing multi-colored sneakers to school,how my inner genius doesn't need to be wasted on the world-who incidentally,also doesn't get me.


Now I know that I write too much self realization bullshit. But in my defense my life activities have gone from being drinking beer,getting stoned-doing nothing all day-and feeling cool about it,watching too much American TV and feeling like shit about it,examining the complex issue of 'where I belong' , to
obviously all of the above, but also working,studying,travelling,financial management (easily the worst), trying to figure out who and what I'm going to become, being forced into being answerable for my actions- And I am having to deal with it.
...sucks.
In of my angsty teenage crap masterpieces I said these exact words- 'Im sure Jim Morrison never went to college'.
But I guess I am going to have to settle with not being a lunatic,poetic,god-like sexy psycho.
which also,sucks.
I like to humor myself with the angsty teenage crap(s) to take away the pain of their existence.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. We used that bit in our orientation day film. JGL is also one of those people who I feel this sense of ownership towards, because I've like...grown up seeing him mature from Tommy on 3rd Rock from the Sun (and 10 Things, obviously) who I totally loved in that high school loser way to this young Hollywood fox.

    And to stroke your....ego (aur kuch chahiye toh, you just have to call *lewd eyebrow raise*) I'll say that you're one of those kids my mum makes an example out of (in the good way!) "Shanno ko dekh! Woh sab kuch karti hai. She works, goes to college, she drives, she dances AND she goes to the gym! You just sit on your ass the whole day!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What rubbish. If you told your mom my unscripted history of fucking up, that wouldn't happen.don't ever come close to calling me a reponsible whatever kid(?) , bro. I might get offended. :)
    I DON'T go to college. and i drive, but you know the twist to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its unscripted, it's just a bit censored. :D
    And she still thinks you're awesome. Her own family fucked up more often and on a grander scale than than you ever could so I'm sure she'd still be cool. Man, I'd love to have hung out with her and Mama when they were kids, they knew how to party. :D

    ReplyDelete