Sunday, September 19, 2010

Twenty Trouble

Yes,the themes of my posts are rather recurring. Will get to writing to more relevant things soon.maybe.


I turned twenty this August. I’m not a big fan of birthdays, so by nine o clock the day before the big day, I sat down to do my ‘where is my life headed THIS year’ thinking.
The dark era of my glorious teenage life had ended. I was turning into an adult, with a job and an ATM card and a pair of keys to the house and the car(Oh yeah!) and a set of responsibilities(some self-imposed) I could not comprehend or understand. All I still wanted to do was lie around, smoke, watch pointless teen-telivision, pretend to be busy but do nothing, complain about exams but not study, and be a bum. 
I started to wonder about how this year was different from the last.
Was I more productive?better looking?smarter?more aware of err…things?
As I arrived at no answers at all, I did what any self-respecting, intelligent individual would do –
I started to drink.
And as I sat down in my computer, and listened to Brandon Boyd throw his sexy voice around in the background, through a cloud of smoke I started to see things clearly.
I decided to stop being a whiny moron and make this year-and every year to come-better than the last.
I was already behaving like an adult. Whatfuckingfun.

My friend, also known as Chunni, had me discover the miracle that is Nicholas Rodney Drake.


So leave the ways that are making you be
What you really don't want to be
Leave the ways that are making you love
What you really don't want to love.

Time has told me
You're a rare rare find
A troubled cure
For a troubled mind.


And time has told me
Not to ask for more
For some day our ocean
Will find its shore.

Still trying to figure out how to add music to my blog.Any help will be greatly appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite movies for those kinds of moods is Reality Bites, because of its 90sness and "alternative" self posturing. And ofcourse Winowna (hot!) and Ethan Hawke (sexydouche). Here's a wonderfully cheesy quote that is pretty appropriate:

    Lelaina Pierce: I was really going to be somebody by the time I was 23.
    Troy Dyer: Honey, all you have to be by the time you're 23 is yourself.
    Lelaina Pierce: I don't know who that is anymore.
    Troy Dyer: I do. And we all love her. I love her. She breaks my heart again and again, but I love her.

    This illustrates both my KLPDness whenever you spurn my sexual advances as well as underlining the point that you're still cool. Its funny how these stupid existential issues still play on our minds. Remember what I wrote in my letter to you on your 18th birthday? (Dr Seuss)

    And Nick always knows the right thing to say, and he always understands.
    PS: When you're writing a post, there's an option to hyperlink to things, like you did for Nishita's blog. There's a video tag there also.

    ReplyDelete