I am letting go of all fear of being a horrible writer/blogger/whatever in this sea of amazing bloggers and just going for it.
I joined Tehelka Three months back. My passionate loathing for college made me feel like it was more and more important to me. I often wanted to stage a 'quit,turn my phone off, get drunk- WOW what an amazingly maverick thing to do' episode but mostly I was convinced out of it by a friend and colleague or the fact that I haven’t been paid. Sitting in the smoking room surrounded by Chidambaram, painted faced Tibetan monks, a very pretty girl with an extremely pensive look from idunnowhere and various other intense Tehelka covers I began to realise the meaning of the bigger picture.
This Thursday was not unlike any other. First there was college-the fucking missionary from hell itself-the place I hate more than anything or anyone I have ever loved...and then there was work-which scared me.
College is a weird place. Everyday I walk in feeling nothing, except sleepy, and I walk out feeling like crap. Not angry, not vengeful...just like shit. I don't know what it is I hate about the place. Maybe it's the constant smell of powder, or the complete absence of a male population. Waving a peace sign at all feminist theories, I would like to say that a world full of women is simply a BAD IDEA.
I was nothing but a mere player in the world that is a stage.
Everyday when I felt in walking like crap because I don't have boots like that girl/I don't have a boyfriend who makes me feel 'special'/ Am i not supposed to be having more sex in college?/everyone has more friends than me/I have been working out for a year and I am STILL not as thin as that girl(again)/everyone has more friends than me -
I would get reminded of the universe.
I would get reminded of the universe.
Of the world of joy,sorrow,love,hatred,beauty,apathy,miracle,tragedy,revolution.I began to realize that I was born in a time and age where I could have an opinion,where I could listen to all different types of music, where I could travel everywhere in the world and as corny as it sounds- where I could make a difference. The life of a 'just turned adult' is a tough one-full of dilemmas. Everything of importance is deemed as irrelevant and we are told to 'grow up'.
Watching Tarun Tejpal stare at me out of a poster asking me to TELL THE TRUTH, I decided that I was sick of being a rebel without a cause.Sitting around hoping I was something else or someone else was not a solution. All i could do was life MY life, in whichever way was best.
Like the absolutely divine Robert Plant sings- I would live for my dream and a pocketful of gold.
Here's to nothing.
OR...Everything.
Arre Dev! Welcome to the world of online catharsis. Tumhare lafzon ko sun kar sukoon mila hamare dil ko. Jalti saasein and all. Totally feel your flow. Miss you terribly,
ReplyDeleteLove,
Chunni