Saturday, April 16, 2011

I have installed some Vuze toolbar on my browser by mistake and it's annoying the living(slowly dying) daylights out of me. (Vuze is fun to say though. Voo Zay )
I haven't written in a while but that is because nothing has changed. It's exam month though, so it's supposed to be slow and mundane. It is also offically summers in Delhi which means we are all officially now residents of a furnace.


All I've done for the past week is go to college, come back sleepeatcomplain, plan to study but do nothing, scour random shit on the www,stare at my new phone and send people texts only because they appear as 'conversations', stare at my dog and attempt to wake him up in the middle of the night to talk(He listens with solemn sincerity), play loud music in my sister's ear while she's asleep because that's what good siblings do to each other, and eat endless amounts of ice-cream. Mother Dairy, BTW! has this new collection of freakinoutoftheworld fancy flavors like rum and raisin and shit and you can eat out of the box like people on TV YAYYY!
Life is bleak.
The happiest I've been today is when a Justin Bieber marathon played in my gym.
Speaking of which, today I chose to exercise over beer. BEER. Scared, precious, beautiful,amazing, loyal, restorative, divine- beer. And I ditched it. For what? For good health, better utilization of my stupid gym membership!? I deserve to be punched in the face. Or like my mother likes to say to me while I follow her around the house begging for food- "Just shut up ma or I'll kick your face". 
No one tells you how bad making good decisions is going to make you feel. I should've stuck to what I knew best. After many constant ranting smses of 'you GUYS i shall lose my mind if I don't drink tomorrow', my friends have had to hesitantly consort. It's been a week, dude. Or more. I don't even want to think about it it's catastrophic.


People in the nation are STILL watching cricket.


Chunni told me about a film called The Dreamers (A Bernardo Bertolucci fim) to watch, and I did. It's magnificent. Paris is so terribly painfully beautiful. I have never been out of the country, but might make my first trip to the first world this year and it is my only reason for living. Travel, is therapy. I can't wait for these damn exams to end and take a bus and go to the hills for maybe EVER.
Sometimes after saturdaydrinking at Khan Market , Defence colony and the likes, Chunni and I while drifting off to sleep have a vision.
'Yaar, kitna cool hoga jab hum sab beach pe beer peeyenge aur stoned honge, aur sid ko maarenge. It'll be just Perfect'. I contribute to the vision fried fish and party drugs, and C sings her 'nekkkedd girlssss' song with a satisfied expression on her face.
Yeah so, I watched the Dreamers and it's magnificent. Then I also watched Le chansons d'amour, which means Love Songs in French. It is a musical and is one of those films that doesn't have a definite beginning, ending, plot, or moral. I love both things. (I don't like saying what films are about because I never feel I can do justice to them and my descriptions usually make me uncomfortable.)
Also, this man makes me go a little crazayyy.
Louis Garrel
You keep me rockin' baby, you keep me stolen




I was g-talking with my uncle and while we were talking he'd say something like 'So who's that guy who wrote The Stranger?, let me think, one second'. 
And I'd have googled it in a millisecond, confident and ready with the answers. 'Albert Camus, Shyam!'. I knew who'd written The Stranger. All I had to do was think for about two seconds and it would have come to me. But why must I take seconds to think, when I can have the answer in less? It's incorrigible. We may be fast as fuck, but we aren't learning a thing. I hate it when I have to write assignments off the internet. It's not intelligent, it's efficient. And it's not knowledge that's power anymore (we're all staging a Francis Bacon ki MKC), it's speed. 
Answers are meant to be sought, to be chased, and then arrived at. Not presented to you on a golden platter by google chrome. Old people are right, we have it too easy. My uncle was utterly disgusted and not impressed with my rapid retorts and ask me to 'grow down'. 
'Get off your computer and live a little and stop being such moron.', is what he actually said.
Smartphones, are also a farce. They may be really goddamn smart, but they only make you stupider. Which is why I don't see a point to 'Dude, with Airtel 3G you can stream live tv and ALWAYS be online!'. WHY on earth would you want to STREAM TV on your phone. (Unless India is kicking Pakistan's ass and you have to be on the road in search of booze. Thank god for Chunni's phone during those days of hardship and patience.)
It makes me sick, how we live our lives on and from the internet, but I cannot seem to stop or find a way out. 
As Crosby Stills Nash and Young say in one of my father's favourite songs, 'I may be faster, but I'm still way behind
He also told me to stop reading so much existentialism and switch to Buddhism. 
How can you carve out the Buddha from a rock? 
You take out everything that is not the Buddha 


My exams are in a month, and this usual foreplay of wasting time that lasts till about five days before is actually necessary and significant. 


You know who I hate? Those kids who seem to have their whole freakin life planned out since they're FOURTEEN. StStephens to Yale to rich to married to rich. I don't understand it. And I actually still possess some sort of inverse snobbery to people with direction. Man, they must feel REALLY sorry for wastrels like me(us). If you're one of these thriving individuals, you can tell yourself that I'm jealous, which is probably true. 


I apologize for this worthless display of absolute nothing.
I can't believe you're still reading. My uncle would have something to say to you about this. 



5 comments:

  1. - I felt that you'd write a blog today, like felt it like in Kasol. KnowhatImeanbro?
    - I've seen those ice cream ads! Look good "like people on TV" hahaha
    - The Dreamers is porn for film geeks.
    - Hmm, being irresistibly attracted to men who look like your best friend. Sublimation I would say. Then again I'm 10x more attracted to him now that you guys told me he looks like me. Narcissism, I would say.
    - Check out Francis Bacon the Irish artist also, he's crazy.
    - TODAY! YAY! NEEDS TO SEE YOU AND DICK! NEEDS. POPIPOPI as DJ once said.
    <3 Insomniac blog love fo tha win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow down?! haha u have really funny people in ur family. its so strange that we happen to know so many of these stephens to yale to living the good life kinda people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dreamers is porn for most people over the age of 30. And haha, that guy is such a frogwhore. Somewhere on the french cheesecake scale below below belmondo and slightly above duris. :D I love how you continue to use the blog as a place to braindump, which is exactly how it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um rt click and unchecking the mininova vuze toolbar should hide it btw. is it really voo zay? i've been calling it 'views' the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sapFrench frogwhore(wtf??) cheesecakes are my thing then. I already tried that, it doesn't work. It's not views, yous is wrong.

    @vani NEEDS POPIPOPI NOW. I WANTS ITTT OMG

    ReplyDelete