Saturday, April 9, 2011

I'm watching the victory march for Anna Hazare with my grandparents. My aunt is there with a few other relatives and friends. 
I cannot help being infected with the euphoria. Isn't the whole point of a democracy to implement the appeal of civil society peacefully through the administration? It took an old man to penetrate through my youthful pessimism. Who knows how this will turn out, but being a passive disparaging spectator while the country strives to change isn't going to make me feel any better about myself or where I live and operate. For all those who think the candlelight vigil at India Gate is overdone, I would like to say that beheron ko sunane ke liye dhamake ki zaroorat hoti hai. 

I am down with the influenza and all I've done all day is send ranting smses to Chunni and sing ye jawaani hai deewani at the top of my voice from under a razai. 
I feel a little better because of some ayurvedic concoction put together by my yogic of a grandpapa. 
There's no school like the old school. 




I just realized that this post is almost exactly like the last.


BUKHAAR KI MKC!!



4 comments:

  1. GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS BROTHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you feel that? Oh shit.
    hahah FUCKIN MET-AAAAAAL. Roadies is on. I just ate such bad chinese food I never want to eat chilli chicken again. And that's saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My city was filled with I Support Anna stickers and posters today and I was so kicked. I cannot imagine the euphoria of actually being part of the proceedings! :)

    Those brogues are sold out BTW but I could find you similar ones if you like. :) Mail me at sheikh.ruhi at gmail, we'll take it from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! I couldn't calm my frenzy while I was looking at the blog. :) I have to consult with my sister and I'll mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete