My friend is going to America for the first time and his joy knows no bounds. The Big Apple awaits him and he is very very excited.
New York City is my generation's Mecca. It is after you make that trip that everyone else in Delhi will look at you differently.
My friend's name was spelt wrong on his ticket so they moved him ahead to an earlier date and elevated him to business class. When we heard this we hooted and hi-fived about how lucky he was. But but I knew I didn't feel genuine in my celebration. I now realize that not getting a name as simple as his right should not be excused.
Till of course, they buy you a couple of whiskeys and give you a reclining chair.
New York City is my generation's Mecca. It is after you make that trip that everyone else in Delhi will look at you differently.
My friend's name was spelt wrong on his ticket so they moved him ahead to an earlier date and elevated him to business class. When we heard this we hooted and hi-fived about how lucky he was. But but I knew I didn't feel genuine in my celebration. I now realize that not getting a name as simple as his right should not be excused.
Till of course, they buy you a couple of whiskeys and give you a reclining chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment