I just wrote a children's book that is about to be published. It's around 80 pages long. I don't really think its that big of a deal and I'm being honest here because why would I have to be otherwise on my anonymous blog.
But I don't like to tell people because then they get this funny look on their face which is full of forced awe and they say something random like 'wow writing a book is really cool'. When I say I hate this my friend insists I'm being pretentious but I actually really do hate it. I hate that someone is ready to shake your hand for something they haven't seen, or send you friend requests as appreciation. I don't like that people don't look forward to reading it and telling me if its any good, but exhaust all their congratulations by being excited that someone was ready to buy it. It makes me embarrassed and annoyed and the next time anyone says 'But you've written a book, look at that' I want to tell them that I still struggle to make good sentences (As you can see), to spell without auto correct, and to move my brain out of my bed. I also want to tell them I'm still transcribing for money and being published is no big deal. The amount of bad writing that gets published is unbelievable. Bad writing could sit on good writing with one butt cheek.
I don't know how I'll deal if I ever become truly famous :D
Also,
But I don't like to tell people because then they get this funny look on their face which is full of forced awe and they say something random like 'wow writing a book is really cool'. When I say I hate this my friend insists I'm being pretentious but I actually really do hate it. I hate that someone is ready to shake your hand for something they haven't seen, or send you friend requests as appreciation. I don't like that people don't look forward to reading it and telling me if its any good, but exhaust all their congratulations by being excited that someone was ready to buy it. It makes me embarrassed and annoyed and the next time anyone says 'But you've written a book, look at that' I want to tell them that I still struggle to make good sentences (As you can see), to spell without auto correct, and to move my brain out of my bed. I also want to tell them I'm still transcribing for money and being published is no big deal. The amount of bad writing that gets published is unbelievable. Bad writing could sit on good writing with one butt cheek.
I don't know how I'll deal if I ever become truly famous :D
Also,
I cried almost through this entire film. Not a sad crying but just overwhelmed crying that happens when anything sweeps you off your feet. There are these parts of Eddie and Kurt and they're both so young and scared and honest and real that it made me happy. I remember being seventeen and beating myself up and remembering that it was 'hard to be a young person nowadays'.
It really is.
Best.Band.Ever. (Among others)
What really fucking sucks is that all we ever have to watch are the likes of Swedish House Mafia.
No comments:
Post a Comment