I hate it when people talk matter-of-factly about being in love. Like they know exactly how it should be. And then they measure it and blame it and say some really dumb shit that devalues it. Because though I don't believe that it's all of that Empire state building Tom hanks kissing meg ryan in the rain bullshit that America has tried to pull with the world, I know it exists. But like everything else it changes and evolves with every person/animal/shoe/song that you love. I don't understand how the most universal emotion of all, the most complex and definitely the most profound has been put into this one little bottle that everyone seems to be drinking out of. I don't get how it's been reduced to this one formula that everyone seems to think they must master. I know it exists because I have known it in moments when I've looked at someone's face and wanted to crush it because I like it so much or when laughter is easy and colors are brighter. I just think it exists in this sort of space into which two people stumble and suddenly everything is just SO COOL and eventually they might, or might not stumble out of it. Or maybe the space erodes, or collapses. And and though that might seem painful and tragic, it really is okay. Because painful and tragic is important and also, why must be everything be a prospect to something that constitutes and defines your future.
Sometimes my friends make me really annoyed and it if wasn't that it was on Whatsapp I would've broken something on their noses.
I just want someone to come to to me and do something that is both cliche and unexpected, like the stuff that you have imagined that you want someone to do but no one ever does. Like climb a tree to prove a point or drink your drink in an effort to be smooth. I wish things were generally more endearing. Everyone just seems to be stuck in spaces of massive inhibitions and insecurities (myself included) and nothing ever feels free.
I was going to apologize for being self important but I shouldn't, because whoever is reading this is doing so by choice. And I am tired of all of us laying ourselves bare on the internet and growing increasingly scared of being judged. The irony of being able to share in mere seconds but that only leading to further anxiety is rather sad.
I used to really want to play the mouth organ.
Also
....Listening to Chet Baker in the dark can make you feel like you are in a prolific sort of place.
Sometimes my friends make me really annoyed and it if wasn't that it was on Whatsapp I would've broken something on their noses.
I just want someone to come to to me and do something that is both cliche and unexpected, like the stuff that you have imagined that you want someone to do but no one ever does. Like climb a tree to prove a point or drink your drink in an effort to be smooth. I wish things were generally more endearing. Everyone just seems to be stuck in spaces of massive inhibitions and insecurities (myself included) and nothing ever feels free.
I was going to apologize for being self important but I shouldn't, because whoever is reading this is doing so by choice. And I am tired of all of us laying ourselves bare on the internet and growing increasingly scared of being judged. The irony of being able to share in mere seconds but that only leading to further anxiety is rather sad.
I used to really want to play the mouth organ.
Also
....Listening to Chet Baker in the dark can make you feel like you are in a prolific sort of place.
No comments:
Post a Comment