Yesterday I went to my frat friend KD's party and played beer pong and drank vodka pineapple punch and yelled 'krayzee motherfuckaaa' several times. V the playa got boob sightings from a really drunk chick at the beer pong table who was more than happy to distract her with some bending and pressing. There was gay boys singing Madonna, bassists playing Incubus while V gleefully sung along 'Oh YEAH i LOVE this song', drunk fighting, cosmic stoned epiphanies and immediate making up. I spent all night wandering from group to group, getting sucked in into circles and situations and then arbidly deciding to travel to another.
At this party, I met a friend who I hadn't thought about in a while. Because of unfortunate social occurrences, we had stopped talking, but it had no relevant impact. Yesterday after a first ten minutes of akwardness, SickBoy, V and I progressed into the night with a sudden fresh bond, and I realized that I'd missed him. SickBoy and I had shared the same extreme,childish,self important/destructive impulses when we had first met at the age of sixteen. While I was being judged at school by my 'group' for drinking a beer on my roof with a boy(who SMOKED!!! AND wasn't part of the group), I used to climb over the wall and race to KD's house to drink some more. SickBoy and him were always welcoming, happy to initiate more adolescents into their 'too cool for school' regime.
Last night, we drank till dawn, planning drug escapades but not being able to execute any, searched for food but found scotch, talked at the top of our voices and did sleazy Noida(FTW)dances, and for some reason, this nostalgic getting high with a little help from my long lost friend, reassured me about what I'd been fearing all day. That connections don't get lost between cities, breakups, or time.
That was trivial lesson number 1.
Trivial lesson number 2 is that People's lives look better on Facebook than they actually are. This one I've been learning since I was a teenager.
Trivial lesson number 3 is that Do not let your drunk friend drive at night even though it seems exciting to passenger in his death-cab of a golden esteem.
There was one guy at the party who was so stoned and spacey and loose-limbed, it made V and me ecstatic in our hobby of 'people we meet at parties who we decide we love'. All I wanted to do was fist bump with him and say-righteoussss.
The fact that I know I'm talking crap makes me want to do it even more. This is one of those times.
Look what I bought for ONE FIFTY RUPEES in Bangalore, and it's totally new and everything.
It's always good to be back to good old crass, unapologetic Delhi.
Thirteen year old me is going to be so pissed.

He'd be pleased you called him Sickboy on a public forum, I used to use that name for him in my head too. How much shit we talked na? It was fun. I was reminiscing about KD's house afterschool sessions. Those beer pong bitches 'referee referee!' Bouncing their bubbas in my line of sight. How could I not throw balls into their cleavage.
ReplyDeleteHaha he used to call himself that dude.cause of the tattoo.'refereee' was my favorite part of the night.i've told tanya we're going for harry potter tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYeah I remember that Paharganj day he was very happily showing us the tattoo and imagining himself to be Sickboy. What a moron.
ReplyDeleteI just recollected how Goatman was going all "woah, you guys like have so much history. Like I dunno what's going on here" or whatever when we were making fun of DJ or something with our usual self referencing jokes. He was too funny. "Guys, I think we should go sit on that grass" "WOAH Grass!"
Yes. Tell DJ to be ready with a magic wand for Potter. Is it in 3D? That'd be fun... like Avatar.
people play beer pong in India now? lordy
ReplyDeleteYes our good culture has been sullied by the inventions of frat boys.
ReplyDeletepeople say lordy?lordy
ReplyDeletebeer pongs fun dude.
@vanks and then we sat on the grass and gave each other looks like 'its everything i expected it to be' hahah toomuchfun.3D plus we're watching it at midnight.
what rules do you follow? yea, it's exactly as fun as parties in general. it took me a minute to realize you weren't using pong as a verb.
ReplyDeletevani - i wish the good stuff would get exported, instead of the bottom-of-the-barrel/middle american stuff. the only thing worse than beer pong would be 'ironic' beer pong in portlandia.
But we're not in America so we think everything American is AWESOME! I want a New York Yankees cap RIGHT NOW! With an I <3 NY tshirt while eating a cheeseburger.
ReplyDeletehaha funny, literal jokes are the best, funny haha.
ReplyDeleteDude,I don't think she was joking.
ReplyDeleteif vani ever wears an I <3 NY tshirt while eating a cheeseburger, i swear i'll eat an I <3 NY tshirt while wearing a cheeseburger
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6rUo7Htso