Friday, October 15, 2010

Howl

Can't write.
don't know why.


James Franco is Allen Ginsberg.




I am seeing the best minds of my generation being destroyed by madness.

7 comments:

  1. That looks good.
    The best minds of our generation aren't destroyed by madness. They're destroyed by over-connectedness at a superficial level (but feeling isolated at a deeper level) and having everything there at their fingertips - cliffnotes and wikipedia (I don't hate wikipedia, it's a brilliant thing, but it also makes us lazy, no?). And by BBM and Facebook and self conscious posturing. Some of the best minds I know are destroyed by anxiety and self doubt and hesitation to go into the rat race.
    At least their madness helped them discover something greater than themselves. We're still sitting on the fence.
    [I'm sorry for I sounding so cynical and pissed off and dissing Facebook. I just want to go to Walden Pond/Naukuchiatal and become a hermit for a while]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just being profound and quoting the poem bro.i realize now it makes no sense.yeah it does look real good.franco - mabestfrund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't mean to piss on your quote, haha. Our generation really doesn't deserve such poems, though.
    You are my friendlywash <3 (The gay heart was required!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I saw my friends in that brothel desyroyed by madness starving hysterical naked dragging themselves through the whitey's streets at dawn looking for an angry fix" writes Kathy Acker in Empire of the Senseless. This ties in with your angst directed towards 'goras' in another post as well (I empathize, and echo the sentiment btw). Also, read - http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Drugs-Sadie-Plant/dp/0374293341

    Queer Fish is profoundly correct. I don't have a blog. Only a blogger account, which in turn is an access to a phantom realm (dashboard? what?) that google kindly provides gmail users.

    You should know that I really, in every sense of the word, 'follow' your blog, literally everyday. Sometimes multiple times everyday to check on follow up comments. *Stalker alert* I don't like internet anonymity. Why don't you just send me an email? :D

    Incidentally, James Franco is so poorly cast as Ginsberg..I was hoping it'd be Paul Giamatti, or the singer for Les Savy Fav. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling that this will be a fisaco like Matt Dillon~Bukowski

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last word: Queer Fish, I look forward to your genre defining memoir titled 'Naukuchiatal'. Be sure to base yourself within walking distance of a thriving urban hub like Concord, Massachussetts. And make sure the wilderness isn't too 'wild'. Something like New England.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The closest urban hub that's near Naukuchiatal is Nainital. But there's a Club Mahindra opened up next to my house! I can look in to their fucking badminton court. They make so much noise. First the place was a school, then a hotel, then another school and now a Club Mahindra. But I think this one is going to stay, they're having a pool and everything (in a place where we fight to get our water from a LAKE?). There was a music festival in Naukuchiatal too... which may have been fun but I hope it doesn't turn into the next "destination" or whatever. I'm not looking to eat, pray, love or even transcend anything, I just need to recharge my batteries and get an injection of that... drive or whatever people have to make meaning of their lives.

    ReplyDelete